Not Just a Producer…

…but a Director (of Elephants!) too!

philip elephant

India, circa 1970s

Advertisements
Tagged , , ,

6 thoughts on “Not Just a Producer…

1. Andrea says:

Hi Philip,
    I am hoping that you’ll be able to help me. I have been looking for years for information on Evelyn Chard who performed in a Theatre Guild productions in 1921, called Lilliom, from which the movie, Carousel was made in the 1950s. Evelyn Chard played the role of Louise, the daughter. The reason that I’ve been looking for information on her is that I believe that she is a relative.
    I would greatly appreciate any and all information that you could provide me with. Did she marry? Have children? What was her married name? When did she pass away and where, etc.
    Thank you so much!
    Andrea

• theatguild says:

Dear Andrea,

Thank you so much for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not know exactly what happened to Evelyn. And as you know, there is very little on Evelyn on the internet. We will do some research and see if we can uncover any information. If we find anything further or any leads, we will let you know!

Incidentally, the play opened on April 20, 1921!

Best regards,
      Philip

• Andrea says:

Thank you so much for responding so quickly! I appreciate any and all information that you can find. I’ve been trying for so many years to find out about her life.
        Best,
        Andrea

• theatguild says:

Hi Andrea–just wanted to let you know that we are still searching! Very elusive, indeed!

• Andrea Vartanian says:

Hi Philip,
        Thank you so much for checking in. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed.
        Happy holidays!
        Andrea

• Andrea Vartanian says:

Is there anything new to uncover? I’m still trying to find information.
        Thank you!